Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Cooking Site!

I'm always googling recipes and trying new dishes. I was so pleased the other day to find this site: http://www.skinnytaste.com/

If you follow Weight Watchers, this site will be helpful in that it lists points. I'm going to try the Buttermilk Dressing recipe today. Yesterday at Costco I bought the big pack of romaine lettuce hearts. I shared half of them; nevertheless that's still a lot of lettuce. Am looking forward to grilling chicken and vegetables and having the salad with home-grown tomatoes and cucumbers. Maybe marinate the tomatoes first with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. Yum. I'll report on the salad dressing. Let me know if you try any of the other recipes. Just reading them is fun (it doesn't take much to entertain me, I guess).

Yesterday I also bought 500 lb. of clay, although a few lbs. belong to other people. I wondered about my tire pressure when all that clay was loaded. The guy said, your back tires look OK. Then I asked myself if I should stop at Costco first or drive straight home. I could see one of my tires exploding in the mid-day heat ... Then I asked myself how many people could fit in my Pathfinder with all the seats it came with and how many pounds did that total. 7 or 8 people weighing 150 each ...  over 1,000 lb.!! So needless to say I stopped worrying and stopped at Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment