Friday, September 16, 2011

Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime

I tried a new recipe last night from the SkinnyTaste.com blog and I liked it!
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/baked-chicken-with-dijon-and-lime.html

After I mixed the Dijon mustard and seasonings, I tasted the mixture and thought it was too Dijon mustardy (I'm a yellow mustard fan), but after the chicken cooked, it was good. My package of boneless, skinless thighs had only five pieces in it, so I didn't use all the mustard mixture. After cooking for the 35 minutes, the chicken was a little pale, so I understand why the recipe suggested broiling to give it a richer color. And watch the amount of salt you use, as the mustard and lime have a lot of intense flavor by themselves. You can add more salt later. I enjoyed this with a little red baked potato and more marinated tomato salad. Will the tomatoes ever end?

No comments:

Post a Comment