Wednesday, December 14, 2011

25 Ways to Wear A Scarf in 4.5 Minutes

If you have not seen this, it will be a treat! I've never been a scarf wearer, but now have a couple to experiment with. Watch this YouTube video:
http://youtu.be/5LYAEz777AU

Then most timely and unbelievably on Sunday my friend Donna came to visit bringing me a present and a project to share! She gave me a beautiful silk SCARF and was going to show me a felting technique she had learned at a recent art show.

What a scary process! I watched her work on her scarf, poking holes in the silk with this gizmo that had lots of sharp needles. She did this over a felting pad that looked like a big brush upside down.  I loved the effect the sharp needles made in the silk and decided I would do a strip of this across both ends of the scarf. That would have been enough for me, but Donna had an assortment of beautiful silk blend threads to add.

Here's what I did to the ends of my scarf. I can't wait to iron it and wear it!



No comments:

Post a Comment