Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Very Good Tri Tip Marinade

I don't eat a lot of red meat, but will buy a tri tip roast a couple times a year when I see it on sale. I saw this marinade on Food Network and knew it would be good! It is just beer, soy sauce and garlic cloves -- how easy is that.

What kind of beer? A couple weeks ago I was in Trader Joe's looking for the wine in the blue bottle that I like ... although I mainly want the blue bottle for slumping to make a lovely dish like this:


But back to the beer .... I saw a six-pack of Trader Joe's lager beer in the cutest bottles ... bottles that would make the greatest dishes for nuts, other goodies, or for a spoon rest. Back to the recipe:

TRI TIP MARINADE
1 bottle/can beer
1/2 cup soy sauce
6-10 peeled garlic cloves

Place the tri tip into a zip lock storage bag and add the three ingredients. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Let the meat rest at room temperature for an hours before barbecuing. BBQ the way you like it and then let the meat sit covered lightly with foil for 10 minutes. Then slice thinly the length of the roast (not across the thin way). It was so good and tender, a KEEPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment