Saturday, March 10, 2012

COMFORT FOOD -- Tuna Noodle Casserole

Last week it was pretty cold here, and in weather like that I love to cook and work on projects indoors. I had printed out this recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole from one of the cooking blogs I subscribe to. When was the last time you made Tuna Noodle Casserole? It has been about twenty years for me!! When I asked my friend that same question, she replied "Yuk!" I remember liking it, but seeing recipes with canned creamed soup always turn me off.

Here's the recipe I made -- and I'll make it again real soon. I had everything on hand except mushrooms, so I added frozen peas (about 1-1/2 cups) that I defrosted by pouring the hot pasta over them in a colander. I used Parmesan cheese and also Ritz cracker crumbs. I think the freshly grated Parmesan was the secret ingredient to making this dish soooo good. Try it and let me know how you like it!

http://www.ourbestbites.com/?s=tuna+noodle+casserole&x=0&y=0

No comments:

Post a Comment