Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Adjustable Wood Slump Molds

I ordered three adjustable slump molds from www.bambootools.com recently and was so excited to see the quality and ease of use! Finally on Sunday I devoted the afternoon to using them. The molds are square/rectangular; hexagon; octagon. They can be stretched to your choice -- A square or a rectangular, any size; a perfect hexagon or a long, thinner hexagon. You can see what I mean by the photos below. The size depends on the kiln shelves you are using. These pieces will go into my gas kiln which has 12" x 24" shelves and you have to allow for three posts. My electric kiln has roundish shelves 23" across, so that will be a new adventure in creating larger pieces. What fun!





4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I have not bought slump molds before but definitely want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I inspired someone! Go into the website and watch the video of a clay artist using the molds. It's a good demo. The molds are kind of pricey, but since they are adjustable, you get soooo many options with each one. Thanks so much for commenting and keep in touch.
    Rose Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am as well, thanks for the tip! can you tell me if you went with the 1.25 depth or 2.25 depth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the 1.25 depth. These come out more like serving dishes or platters. If you want a casserole depth, then I would order the 2.25. I'd love to see what you order and create!
      Rose Mary

      Delete