I copied this recipe from the internet just a few days ago, but now I can't find the website. I think it was on a blog, so that's why I used the Preview feature on my iMac to copy the recipe only. So I am sorry I cannot give credit to that person ... But I will tell you I just made it for the weekend and it is WONDERFUL !!!!!! I couldn't wait for everything to cool before mixing; it was soo good slightly warm. I hope it tastes as good later when it chills! Here it is ... Enjoy!
Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
1 cup washed and drained quinoa. White grain. It also comes in red.
2 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil
juice from 2 limes
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp red peper flakes
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
5 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup corn. Sometimes I use roasted, frozen corn from Trader Joe's.
1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped, a little extra for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Rinse quinoa and cook according to directions. Let quinoa cool.
2) Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes.
3) Combine cool quinoa, beans, tomatoes, corn, and onions in a large bowl.
4) Pour dressing over salad and toss in the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Add extra lime or cilantro for pretty garnish if desired.
Easy, Delicious & Healthy!