Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Dichroic Glass Square Pendants

I recently ordered some 1" square pendant bezel trays that are sooo nice. They come in brass, copper, silver or black, and are complete with an attached bail. All is needed is a square piece of fused glass that fits properly inside the tray. My first attempt yielded only three good pieces that I could grind to fit and then fire polish. The rest of the pieces were too small and ended up being shaped into lovely little hearts that I will add to my glass shop very soon. In future I will make larger pieces that can be cut down to the 1" size instead of starting out with that size. Dah.

I contacted a member of the glass team to which I belong on Etsy and asked what glue she used for her pendants. Surprisingly, she said silicone! And after Googling many sites, I realized it was widely used for glass ... and not just for adhering tile. My three pendants turned out well; I am so pleased with them. Here are two I have added to my glass shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment