Friday, June 27, 2014

More Broken Bottle Glass Plates

Let me tell you my right shoulder has been taking a beating with the smashing of heavy gauge wire and glass bottles! I need to stop for a few days. I'm sure my close neighbors will also appreciate it! Someone gave me a few large cobalt blue vodka bottles. These are bigger than regular wine bottles, so I wondered if I could get two plates out of one bottle. I did. The first plate got the larger of the broken pieces and the second one got handfuls of tiny pieces. Next time I'll know to divide the sizes evenly for two plates. But they both fused and slumped well and look great.



And here's another plate made from the beautiful green mineral water bottle!

1 comment:

  1. Love this method - I will have to give it a try - have all the bottles, and slumping molds - need to get motivated - I love seeing your work

    ReplyDelete