Monday, May 6, 2013

Gourd Bird Feeders

It has been so beautiful outside lately, and the yard is full of birds. I can hardly keep up with them. They eat and eat and eat. I'm grateful for Costco and Smart & Final where I can buy a supply that lasts for a few weeks. Even today in the rain, the birds are here and eating. My dog Sarah sits and watches them all day. I know she is really watching for a squirrel to run across the back fence ... then she's off like lightning through the doggie door.

A few weeks ago when I went to my storage area to get a shipping box and had to move boxes to get to my boxes .... I realized I had tooo many gourds, huge boxes filled with gourds, all different shapes and sizes. No, you would not believe how many gourds I have.

I got out a few of the bird feeders I had ordered. They came with a hole already cut and a cord attached through the top for hanging. The cut hole was smaller than I liked, so I drew a larger circle and cut a bigger opening with my mini electric gourd saw. It'll cut the most intricate patterns. Then I wood burned, attached a small perch, and finished the gourds with a protective UV spray. Here's a few of them in my Etsy shop, RoseMarysClay.etsy.com





No comments:

Post a Comment