Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New "WAVE" Beads

By accident I saw a video yesterday that really sparked my interest. I left the piles of laundry for another day and ran out into the garage to start up my bead annealing kiln. The website I stumbled on was http://www.ehow.com and there is a wealth of articles and video on every subject imaginable. The video that got my interest is this one:

http://www.ehow.com/video_4942767_glass-bead-flame-designs-fusing.html

The name "Fusing Pinwheel Bead" didn't really describe what he would be making, so it was a pleasant surprise to see him use a stringer and twist it to make the fabulous waves on the bead! I had tried this a year ago with no success.

Here is a photo I took early (I mean, REALLY early) this morning. It's hard to go back to sleep when you wake up at 2:00 in the morning knowing there's a treat waiting for you in the kiln!


I think these came out great for my first try. I hope you get a chance to try this, and be sure to let me see your results!

No comments:

Post a Comment