Monday, February 20, 2012

Favorite Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

For some reason I have trouble eating bananas. Once in a while I get a tickle in my throat, which makes me believe I have a banana allergy? I keep buying them, however, because they are good for you, but most of the time throw away one or two that get too black. Sometimes I peel the riper ones and freeze pieces that can later be used in milk shakes.

Today I had three ripe bananas and knew I had to make this bread and share the recipe with you. If you have a favorite banana bread recipe, you can change it to chocolate chocolate chip by simply adding 1/3 cup cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips. Easy! My recipe below makes one loaf and I really like it.

FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 deg. Spray a loaf pan with Pam. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Gradually add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips and mix just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto a rack. Makes 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment