Sunday, July 16, 2017

MIRRIX LOOM SUMMER WEAVING CHALLENGE

I joined the Summer Weaving Challenge with Mirrix Looms. I wanted to make the second bracelet in the Queen Nefertiti kit I had purchased quite a while ago. The first week's challenge was to take your loom to a different spot to weave. Since I was using very very very tiny seed beads (with seven colors in their separate piles), I knew I had to choose a spot with a table and very good lighting. So I carefully took my loom, beads, needle and thread .... and glasses and clip-on magnifier .... out to a table on the patio. Oh, and also my iPad which had the pattern to follow! Early morning quiet with just birds and the sound of falling water in the fountain. Very nice.

The second week's challenge was to take the time to weave every day. That was not too difficult for me. I like weaving in the early morning. And this week I wove and listened to Wimbledon! This morning I was able to finish. It measures 6-1/2" and will shrink slightly when taken off the loom.

Here, the weaving is off the loom and I'll let it "rest" overnight. Tomorrow I can knot and cut the ends, and then attach the beautiful clasp.

Also tomorrow ... every Monday ... we will receive our new challenge for the week!

1 comment:

  1. After logging into this account you can check Compass Benefits, to demonstrate, Compass Pay Stub LoginW-2 form, medical, insurance, leave, time-off, payroll schedule, 401(k) plan, child benefits, etc.

    ReplyDelete