Wednesday, October 26, 2016

NEW TOMATO PLANTS!

I'm sure you've seen those articles about growing new vegetables from their own cuttings. Here's one I saved to my Facebook page -- https://www.buzzfeed.com/caroltan/heres-how-to-turn-your-vegetable-scraps-into-vegetables-agai
I didn't see it in this article, but saw another that showed slicing a tomato, then covering the slices lightly with potting mix. New tomato plants should start in a week or so. Well, I had to try this, of course!

The summer heat really fried a few of my tomatoes. They weren't pretty, but tasted wonderful ... so I sliced one to see how easily this would work. This photo shows the little plants after two weeks. I used three slices, but none grew from the third slice on the right. Now I'll have to thin out a few and select two or three plants for winter tomatoes.

The poor plants had to fight their way up through the terrible soil I used! A little Miracle Gro should help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment