Thursday, August 2, 2018

MANDALA EARRINGS

I recently took an online class with Leslie Kail Villarreal. She is a very good instructor and provides supply lists and videos of each project from start to finish. Her website also has a lot of free videos on various jewelry projects.

This class was "Mandala Earrings". The earrings were fabricated from sterling silver sheet. She provided a template of the earrings. It was glued to the silver sheet and a jeweler's saw was used to cut out the pattern. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? It was easier than my last post on Lotus Flower Earrings, because the areas to saw were much larger. I've made three pairs so far and am happy to announce I sold one!!!!

The first pair I made is the one on the left, below. It measures 2-1/2". The smaller pair is 2-1/8". In the class, Leslie soldered a silver ball on each earring tip. The pair I sold was finished that way. I like the earrings either way, probably better without the balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment