Thursday, July 26, 2018

LOTUS FLOWER EARRINGS

A pair of my newest earrings ... Lotus Flowers. These were fun and challenging to make. A pattern of the lotus flower was glued to sterling silver sheet. A hole was drilled in each section I wanted to remove in order to insert the jeweler's saw blade and carefully saw out that section. Then came lots and lots of filing and sanding. Jump rings were soldered on for the ear wires and for the dangling pearls. I really like these earrings. I know my sawing skills improved making these .... and in making the mandala earrings I'll post in a day or two.


3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I have yet to attempt to pierce anything intricate like this... challenge for the new term maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time for me. You need good magnifiers, for sure! And a set of small good quality files to smooth everything. Finally you need to sand the cut outs with thin strips of sandpaper. Yes, a challenge and a great project.



      Delete
  2. For all those who just love shopping, just like me, clothing boutiques in Houston is the best option as it not only has a huge variety but it also costs you way cheaper than the others.
    Boutiques In Houston

    ReplyDelete