Friday, August 16, 2013

My Quick, Easy, Delicious, Favorite Breakfast!

You have all made "Egg-in-the-Hole" breakfasts, I'm sure. If not, you butter both sides of a slice of bread lightly, cut a center hole about 1-1/2", drop it into a frying pan that is heating on medium. Then break an egg into the center hole. After a minute or so, use a spatula to carefully turn it over. Continue until the egg is to your liking. YUM.

Anyway, that is not what I made this morning ... even though it is also on my Quick-Easy-Delicious-Favorite Breakfast list. My morning's treat was a "Ham and Egg Cup".

I used thin slices of deli ham and made a basket inside of a small custard cup. The smallest Pyrex cup is too small for this, but there's a larger one that's ideal. In my case I used one of the stoneware petal cups that I love to make.

So you have the ham shaped into a basket inside the cup. Now break an egg into it and slightly break it up with a fork. Place the dish into the microwave and be sure to cover with a paper towel (or you'll be sorry --- scrambled eggs all over your microwave walls). I microwave on high for 45-60 seconds, depending on how you like your eggs. You can stop and jiggle the cup along the way to see how it's cooking. Add a little cheese and seasonings and cook another 10 seconds. The dish is very hot, so be careful. Here's how it looks:

I like serving it on a piece of toast. Or you can eat it out of the cup. Here I added a scoop of my home made applesauce.

Doesn't it look good? It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment